Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Potential For Short-Term Missions

I had a great conversation with Eric Iverson at Urbana09. He is a youth leader and Youthworks! employee who has some great things to say about the potential of short-term mission trips. Please read the article: http://fulleryouthinstitute.org/2010/02/short-term-missions-and-missional-youth-ministry/. The article focuses on the importance of post-trip follow-through, which is often the most difficult. The question he asks is: What will you do to address the issues and systems of injustice that cause poverty and brokenness in your own community?

I am interested to hear what students who have participated in Global Partnerships want to do in Chicago or their home community after being inspired by our Global Partners. Feel free to comment.

1 comment:

Nilwona said...

Great article! I can relate to the way he felt when he saw the youth groups descending on his neighborhood - I see it every year in my own and can't help but to feel the same way!

I'm going to try the idea of creating an end-of-trip newsletter for my team.